The Excellent Chapter of the Cathedral
This Chapter is made up of the Canons: priests named by the bishop of the diocese who are responsible for worship, pastoral guidance, charity and all aspects referring to the management of the Cathedral.
The Chapter of the Cathedral of Barcelona has been documented since 878 and has carried out its work without interruption since that time.
The Counts of Barcelona are also Canons of Barcelona if they wish to take possession of that title by swearing the constitutions of the Cathedral.
The current Chapter is made up of the following Canons and positions:
- Msgr. Joan Guiteras Vilanova, dean, churchwarden and confessor
- Msgr. Josep Ramon Pérez Sánchez, secretary of the Chapter
- Msgr. Sergi Gordo Rodríguez
- Msgr. Josep Serra Colomer, sub-confessor
- Msgr. Josep M. Turull Garriga, web manager Cathedral
- Msgr. Josep Vives Trabal, archpriest and prefect of liturgy
- Msgr. Robert Baró Cabrera, responsible of patrimony
- Msgr. Alfred Sabaté Botet, prefect of music
- Msgr. Josep M. Aragonès Rebollar
- Mons. Joan E. Jarque Jutglar
- Msgr. Joan Benito Tolsau
- Msgr. Josep A. Arenas Sampera
- Msgr. Josep Baucells Reig
- Msgr. Francesc Raventós Pujol
- Msgr. Josep M. Martí Bonet
- Josep Urdeix Dordal, DP
- Xavier Rius Cornadó, DP