The Door of Saint Ivo is the oldest door in the Cathedral of Barcelona. For 500 years it was the main entrance to the Cathedral. It is located under one of the bell towers.
The Door of Saint Ivo was built using marble and stone from Montjuïc in 1298. Its most salient features are the diminishing pointed archivolts, which rest on nerves with flowered capitals.
On either side of the door are two inscriptions with the same text commemorating commencement of the work on the Gothic Cathedral on 1 May 1298. There are also two reliefs representing the struggle between man and beast, which seem to have come from the Romanesque Cathedral, as they date from the 12th century. The door received the name of Saint Ivo, patron saint of lawyers, in the 15th century.